Friday, March 25, 2016

Playing In The Dirt!

It feels good to play in the dirt. I usually buy a bag of just potting soil, but I went bold :), branched out and mixed up a concoction I read about. It consists of peat, potting soil and perlite. So experimentation is in progress to see how seeds respond.


And here is what I've grown recently: Mustard and Kale microgreens. Both are good. The kale is mild, the mustard a bit spicy. I think I'm a microgreens fanatic.














Kale Micros



















Mustard Micros




 My husband asked when I bought these. I think he was teasing, but they do kind of look like I bought them at the store. Fun to know they were produced at home.


Encouraging Moment:

Gardening While In A Wheelchair

http://www.motherearthnews.com/organic-gardening/gardening-while-using-a-wheelchair-zbcz1603.aspx

Family Moment:

This is one of my own, Mr. LMG acting out Waldo for a library program. 
He definitely gets his outgoing personality from his father.









Start small and grow,

  post signature

2 comments:

  1. I WANT TO PLAY IN THE DIRT! Another awesome post, Dawn. I'm so proud of you for starting this blog, continuing to post, and doing an awesome job at it. The microgreens look so yummy! And that Waldo is so cute (don't tell him I said that :)). You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Natalie!!!! So nice to have amazing readers like you visiting my page and being so encouraging! Hmmmmm, don't tell Waldo, huh? I bet he'd love to hear you think he's cute. :)

    ReplyDelete